Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANA-HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Good plumber?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pomp0012

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime1/19/2009, 2:35 pm

Hi everyone:

Can anyone recommend a good plumber? We've had some awful experiences with hiring people to do work in our home, and now I'm nervous about just choosing someone from the phone book. In fact, the problem we have with our blocked drain was CAUSED by the painter we recently hired...
So I'd appreciate any recommendations you folks have.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime1/19/2009, 5:19 pm

I don't have anyone in particular I can recommend but I know ACE Hardware has a list of preferred people. You might want to call Settergren ACE Hardware on Penn and 54th.
Back to top Go down
pomp0012

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime1/22/2009, 3:11 pm

I'll keep Settergren's in mind for future reference. It turned out that when my husband started calling plumbers to line up quotes, they told him they'd have to charge us way too much for something as simple as a blocked drain. They recommended that we call a Roto-Rooter type of person, so that's what we did.

Thanks, though!
Back to top Go down

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime1/22/2009, 11:51 pm

Just an FYI but I invested in a 30 ft drain snake and that has saved me a fair amount of money. Yeah you get a bit dirty but you do save money. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
pomp0012

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime2/4/2009, 6:42 pm

We do have a drain snake (not sure how long it is...). We have successfully snaked our sink drain a couple of times, but the tub drain was giving us a hard time. We were having trouble getting around the bends (going in through the tub overflow drain). Also, we now have PVC pipe in our tub drain, and we were kind of worried about mauling it with the snake. Smile

The roto-rooter guy was able to clear out our drain quickly with his power-snake thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good plumber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good plumber?   Good plumber? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good plumber?
Page 1 of 1